Monday, December 22, 2008

Studio Sketch

Today I went into the studio, did a bunch of cleaning, and then got set up to get to work on "Sloth." But, I just wasn't feeling it. I only had an hour and a half left to work at that point, and I didn't have a particular plan of attack. So, I opened up my folding table and put a varnish layer on "Woe and Joy." With even less time left, I debated between finding some other task that needed doing or heading home early to sneak in a nap. I decided to get out my new mini-sketch book that was in my purse and do this quick rendering of my studio. When you click on the image to view it full size, it will be the same size as in real life.

You can see my varnished painting drying on the table all the way at the right. Against the wall behind it are a desk and a blank canvas leaning against the wall. Then you see "Sloth" and my painting cart with the faux walls and chair set up from the weekend's class. Now in the left-hand corner is my canvas/painting storage thing, and then a couple of carpet-covered panels to use as model-stands. I didn't draw what was on the other side of the fence on the left because I ran out of time. Tomorrow I will have more time and will come up with a plan for the painting tonight so I am ready to go in the morning.

1 comment:

dugbuddy said...

Hope you all have a great holiday. Looking forward to the Studio open house. Happy Holidays from Doug and Lee Ann.