Friday, December 12, 2008

Kansas City, KS Arts

There is a growing arts community in Kansas City, KS, though I admittedly have a hard time putting my finger on just what and where it is! I'm one of those people that due to family commitments and my busy schedule am not generally able to get out to lots of real-life in-person meetings. However, I am somewhat tech-savvy and have therefore created a Yahoo group to connect and unite artists and those involved with or interested in the arts in Kansas City, KS.

I just started it up last Friday, and already we have almost three dozen members, as many messages, and several files, databases, and even a poll! There are opportunities listed for getting involved with non-profits, business workshops for artists, and several meetings and gatherings. There's a lot more happening here than I realized!

You need not be an artist, be directly involved in the arts, or live or work in KCK in order to join the group. You need only to be interested in what's happening. Check it out and sign up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love the name "Woe and Joy"?! I'm so flattered! And it turned out amazingly. I can't wait to see it in person and praise it to you in person!