Monday, December 15, 2008

Progresses

Today I was back in the studio working on "Sloth." Another day and I should have the whole thing blocked in. I forgot to take a picture, but I acquired some awesome new studio furniture last Friday from some kind souls at a school that was getting rid of said furniture. They came just in time as one of the pieces works great as a painting cart while standing.

Saturday, I continued working on the above painting from life during the weekly figure painting class I've been holding in my studio. Unfortunately, I'm a slow, slow painter, but it looks like I might get the model to come back again this week.

Finally, I thought I'd repost this painting since the color on the previous picture of it was way off. It's still not the best piece ever, but it was fun and I look forward to breaking out the knives again some time soon.

1 comment:

dugbuddy said...

Looks like some really exciting work on the starting blocks. Love the way the lighting is set on Sloth. Hope you and your bunch have a safe and happy holiday.