Monday, January 26, 2009

Sloth Progress, Life Sketch, Knife Painting

Started working on the face today, and am going to be back at it tomorrow. It looks kind-of funny in this in-between stage, but I have high hopes for where it ends up.

This is my sketch from Sunday's life painting class. I want to work on it more from memory, but I don't think I'll have the time. Also can't seem to get a picture without glare. After I collect a couple more images from the others in the group, I will post them here for all to see. There's really great work happening there!

Finally, here's another knife painting. I'm still having fun painting these, even though I am not sure how successful I think they are.

2 comments:

Brent Seevers said...

Where are you taking the life painting classes? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

I like the knife paintings and that you're going after new techniques with gusto. Factoid: the "k" in "knife" used to be pronounced back in the Middle Ages.