Thursday, July 31, 2008

Keys to the Studio - A.K.A. "The Cage"

Yesterday morning I picked up the keys to my studio space. Here are some pics of what it is like. Obviously above is the side of the building where my access door is.

Here's the door I will use to enter the building, and then the pressroom where my studio is. 750 Armstrong Ave in KC, KS. This door is locked, though, so unless it is during the 2nd Friday art walk (I think we will start participating in September?) you won't be able to get in if I'm not with you. So don't try to surprise me with a visit, you might be disappointed!

There are actually several different entrances/exits to the pressroom. You can come in from this side, or there's another staircase leading to the surrounding hallway at the far end of this picture. There's also a large elevator accessible in the other half of the basement which you can't see in this picture, and that will be useful for avoiding carrying things up and down the stairs. Anyway, you can see my space is that empty space in the middle.

So, here it is! My own cage to work in. We'll see how I set up the space... it will be interesting. I'm trying to figure out how to afford all the various things I will need to have in here, because I still want some supplies at home so that I can work there when I am not able to go to the studio. I'm also thinking about painting that wall. I'll post pictures as I get things set up, and hopefully it will wind up really awesome!

No comments: