Sunday, July 27, 2008

Security - Fabric

Today I finally got back to painting. I missed it! Got a decent layer in on the cloth covering the model. While I am simplifying things, I also want to create some solid form with the fabric, and especially make the gathered portions around her hands believable. I want the fabric to appear to have the appropriate weight and texture. More paint will be added here, but I am pleased with it as a start.

The background will be kept simple, and I hope to tone down the flesh tones some to create a painting with a calm feel to it.

1 comment:

David said...

Just discovered your work -- very nice paintings! I love figurative. I also did a covered nude several years ago, holding a blanket over her breasts, and I named it "Security" also -- great minds think alike!