Thursday, January 11, 2007

Corset Painting: Back


I've only worked on the back area pictured above, so I figured there was no sense in redundantly posting the whole painting again and just posted a crop. There are some transitions that are too harsh, and still so many shifts and such to put in, but I am on my way.

I had a second Christmas yesterday: a few thoughtful family members gave me gift certificates to Dick Blick, and, after much consideration, I put in my order over last weekend. It's always exciting when new materials come in. Among the goodies are some small panels and canvases for more still lives and a couple 'miniature' heads, larger canvases and a large panel, new paint brushes, Ugly Dog Brush Soap, and some new tubes of paint. I'll be set for a while now!
(Thanks Shannon, Mom and Mimi!)

No comments: