Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lust Painting Update

Here is the current state of "Lust." I haven't been in the studio enough, because I've been doing a lot of work on my house, trying to get it ready to sell. I've ripped up carpet, cut molding, stained new wooden thresholds, packed up half of everything I own, etc. It's a lot more work than I bargained for! Hopefully I will be able to get a place where I can have a studio at home. I don't think I will want to get rid of my studio downtown, I love it there, but it's really difficult to get enough studio time in when you are limited to school hours!

In other news, I am scheduled to have my wisdom teeth removed Monday morning. More stuff that is no fun getting in the way of painting time!

3 comments:

bethany said...

Wisdom teeth removal is horrible. Mine took three hours and I spent the night vomiting blood. Ashley had to come over and take care of me :( I hope yours goes better.

And I love Lust!

dugbuddy said...

you have such a great use of color as story teller in this piece. Almost a requirement in something like this.

Jeff Sparks said...

Absolutely beautiful painting. I enjoy your storytelling and symbolism in the work. WAY to GO!! (Can't wait for the finish)!