Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lady with an Apple, Continued

I should be able to finish this one up in just a couple more sessions; It's another one that just flows right off the brushes for me. In the background you can see that I am toying with the use of metallics. I've been quite interested in using metallics and possibly gold leaf on my paintings for quite some time now, but I am not sure this is the time or the right painting. The ochre seems to suit the painting better.

In late February, I will have a show opening at Strecker-Nelson on Manhattan, KS. More info on that to come soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lacey,
I like the ochre for this painting. I think gold leaf would really compliment your style on the right painting. Just my 2 cents. :c) I'll be calling soon about CityArts.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Ooh, gold leaf! My step-grandmother restores artwork. During my last visit she (well, her assistant) was working on something with gold leaf. Whenever we saw her she had a faint streak of gold on her cheek from where she touched to get the gold to stick. (I assume to stick, to her hand I think, because I can just imagine little sheet of expensive stuff floating through the air and settling underneath some very heavy piece of furniture.)

I agree with Dan, I think gold leaf would go well with your paintings too.

dugbuddy said...

hello lacey,
you have been doing quite a bit of output here yourself. Good solid work here. Really like these feathered mask paintings. Like this portrait quite a bit as well. Looking forward to your Manhattan KS show. Keep your brush to the canvas.