Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lucky DeLuxe, A Few Life Drawings

I believe this painting of the *amazing* Lucky DeLuxe is finished. 30" x 24" oil on canvas... Thank you Lucky for posing for me!

Here are some life sketches from the last couple weeks:

This one was not a full 3 hours. I started with a little sketch in colored pencil before I moved on to this one... wish I would have spent more time drawing this model but perhaps I can bring him back in the near future.

Standing poses are really tough on the model! This drawing is a little larger than I usually go when I only have 3 hours, but I still got a decent amount of info down.

This drawing of a back was done during my Saturday figure drawing class... we are in our final 2 weeks now!

Finally, here is a portrait drawing done from life. This gentleman was a great model and kept very still and was very patient... a pleasure to draw.

The funny thing about this post is that I am known for my focus on women, but here I am with drawings of four men! I can't express how much I love drawing from life, and I am so glad that I get to do it at least once a week.

1 comment:

dugbuddy said...

Lucky DeLuxe is telling such a story with so few elements. Her eyes, posture, the lighting, the saturation of color. The composition. It all really speaks to me of a person who has seen a lot, and can handle most situations. A person who could tell you stories that would curl your arm hair into loops, but only during certain situations. but maybe it's just me and my head putting stories into the visual.