I decided to crop "Vanity" at the bottom. That was an interesting task! I'd like to mention, for those curious about the polyester I've been using, that the material stood up to the abuse of removing it from the old stretchers and restretching it on the new frame, even where it had been previously punctured by the staples.
I'm also working on another painting in the studio that I am not posting here at the moment. I was in the middle of it when I moved at the end of August, hint, hint.
I've been trying to get back into the groove of painting these little guys at home in the evening, but I honestly just find it difficult to change gears from large figure paintings to the little stills. Hopefully I am on the path now as I would love to maintain an output of these. Of course, there is a video up on YouTube for the Bartlett, and likely one will follow for the nail clippers.
I still don't have a great picture of this drawing, but it was really fun to do! I did the figure from life during last Wednesday's open figure session, and then started adding in the throne later on. I plan to finish it, at some point at least.
For November, we are moving the figure sessions to Saturdays, starting with Ayako this weekend on the 7th! The following week we will be visited by Saint Sebastian. I will post a flyer for his session soon.