Monday, March 02, 2009

Busy Week

This is going to be a very busy week for me. In fact, I think last week was busy, too!

Let's see, last week Ed Dwight visited Kansas City, KS and came through the Pressroom Studios on Thursday. Friday I took a trip to the Nelson-Atkins Museum, and then went to a talk Mr. Dwight was giving down at the YWCA. Both were very interesting and educational and it was a great evening, however Ed Dwight's talk made me laugh more than the museum trip did. What a talented and insightful character.

This week I am hustling to get "Jake" finished, varnished, and framed in order to have it included in Friday's Figurative Show opening at Hilliard Gallery. I've also been framing other paintings for the show, and I really need to send out some more invites and put out my newsletter to let people know what's up.

I'm also working on "Lust," but since not all of the white of the canvas is covered, I am not ready to post it. There's so little left to cover, too! Just give it another couple days.

After all the hubbub of the week, I have yet another opening to attend on Saturday. I have three pieces that have been selected for the Heartland Artist Juried Exhibition in Merriam, KS. I will try and post all the details this week, if anyone is looking to attend the openings.

Finally, I am listing work on Ebay again. I'm starting off with some still lives, and will add some knife landscapes in a day or two. After that, I might start adding some of my figure sketches. Please check my Ebay page for listings!

No comments: