Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back from Vacation

This past week to week and a half I have been on a vacation of sorts. I've been visiting with my mom, my husband took time off from work, and we started to clean out our house so we can try and sell it. So, no painting of any sort got done. Today I just got back into the swing of things with the Sunday painting class. Same model as last time, but this time I decided just to focus on her costume. This picture isn't totally accurate, as I think the shadow on the flesh was a bit darker, but it'll have to do since Steve Sweigart took it home with him!

This week will be back to work for me, and I really hope to be able to somehow double my efforts. Maybe I will skip going to the gym!

Finally, I want to share the following series of YouTube videos. It is a recording of a debate of the validity of the following statement: "The art market is less ethical than the stock market." Participating in the debate are artist Chuck Close, art dealer Richard L. Feigen, Amy Cappellazzo of Christie's Fine Art Auctions, gallery owner Michael Hue-Williams, art critic Jerry Saltz, and Adam Lindemann, art collector. If you listen to all 13 parts of the debate and are still interested (as I am) please do a Google search of those names and you will find even more interesting related info!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this painting. It feels very late 19th C. Paris to me.