Friday, February 22, 2008

Final Preparations for Facades - Ophelia

"Ophelia"
Oil on Panel 24" x 18"


I'm just now finishing up all my preparations for the show. Final framing, labels, and a disk with jpgs of all the paintings. I've had some late nights finishing up the above painting, and I have yet to find the time to digest my thoughts on it. For sure it was a different experience for me with the lack of strong shadows. This is actually still a little wet in some areas, but already framed and ready to go!

My friend and fellow artist Rachelle Gardner is doing me a huge favor and is heading out with me to Manhattan in the morning so I can deliver the last of the paintings, even though I think I am coming down with a cold. (Isn't she fabulous?) The thought of spending four hours round trip alone in the car terrifies me. In fact, if she wasn't willing to come with me, I was literally going to force my [almost] 10 year old son to endure the trip with me! Please cross your fingers that I am not sick, or at least not too sick, so perhaps we can enjoy conversation and lunch during this long trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! You've done a fantastic job. Good luck with your show...hopefully you can breathe easier after it's over.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. It's difficult to render shape in full light, but you've nailed it. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Lacey, this piece is beautiful and potent simply becuase Ophelia looks us in the eye almost as a challenge.
At first, the pose looks stiff and contrived, but then it's even better that she is cramped in a bathtub.
I like where you are going with your art and how you are developing in the depth of your expression. You are really making Syracuse proud.