Monday, August 06, 2007

Allegories & Allusions


Last Friday was the opening of my show, "Allegories and Allusions," at Strecker-Nelson Gallery in Manhattan, KS. My mother and grandmother were in town, so we made a nice trip of it, starting out early on Friday and stopping in Lawrence for a few hours. We stopped by the Lawrence Arts Center where one of my paintings is on display in the Lawrence Art Guild's All Members Show. I also saw a great piece by photographer friend Daniel Coburn, as well as many other interesting pieces. Hopefully I'll eventually have some pictures from that show to share.


Anyway, I had a great time and received lots of positive feedback and met some new artists, which is always a plus. These pictures don't show it, but there was actually a nice crowd of people in attendance! We had a late dinner after the show with artists, the gallery owners, et al. and spent the night there to avoid a long drive home at night. Now that the fun is over, it's time to get back to work.

No comments: