Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Bunch of Little Paintings

This month, I have been focusing on working from life. Mainly I have been painting these little still lives (all are about 4" x 4" to 6" x 6") but I have also done a little figure drawing from life during the Wednesday night sessions and have completed a 10" x 8" pregnant figure in oil that took about 12 hours total.

I find these little still lives quite enjoyable, though I need to come up with a new setting other than my black-lined cardboard box, and will be continuing with them through the end of the month. Then, I will start on another very large figurative painting in the 'Sins' series.


Christopher Adam Lessley said...

Hi Lacey, it would be enlightening to see your cardboard box setup. Could you be so kind to take a picture of it and put it up on the blog? I'd like to compare notes. :)

Lacey said...

Christopher- Will do! In the meantime, you can get a glimpse of my set up (though I don't think I have a good shot of the whole thing) in some of my videos on YouTube:

You have a great blog!