Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Bunch of Little Paintings

This month, I have been focusing on working from life. Mainly I have been painting these little still lives (all are about 4" x 4" to 6" x 6") but I have also done a little figure drawing from life during the Wednesday night sessions and have completed a 10" x 8" pregnant figure in oil that took about 12 hours total.



I find these little still lives quite enjoyable, though I need to come up with a new setting other than my black-lined cardboard box, and will be continuing with them through the end of the month. Then, I will start on another very large figurative painting in the 'Sins' series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lacey, it would be enlightening to see your cardboard box setup. Could you be so kind to take a picture of it and put it up on the blog? I'd like to compare notes. :)

Lacey said...

Christopher- Will do! In the meantime, you can get a glimpse of my set up (though I don't think I have a good shot of the whole thing) in some of my videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LewisFineArt

You have a great blog!