Sunday, June 14, 2009

What I'm Working On

Wow, it's been really difficult to get good quality images of "Lust" as I work on it! I suppose it's because of how large it is, so it's difficult to get even lighting across the entire canvas. In this image there is a lot of glare at the top because it's currently elevated off the ground quite a bit, and there's also some kind of funky blue spot towards the bottom. Regardless, hopefully you can see that I have worked a bit on the middle and left-most figures from the waist-up. They have a wider range of values than the other figures. This week I will work on the other figures and on the feet.

This morning I started the long awaited first male nude! I am leaving it in the rough drawing stage until I can check my measurements. Then I will start to add detail and then move in to an oil layer. I might not be able to get back to this for a while, though, as I plan to really push through on "Lust" this week.

Thanks to Jamie, I got out to Loose Park this afternoon for my first ever plein air painting session. I did this little 8" x 10" oil in about 3 hrs. It was a lot of fun and quite different painting foliage as compared to flesh. I have a lot to learn in this area.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love the Loose Park painting. Tres Impressionist! And a male nude...I'm excited to see how you interpret that.