Tuesday, October 02, 2007

October 2nd - Where am I?

Yes, I am still here! I am still painting, slowly, in between all the other things I have been trying to juggle. I feel a little funny about posting news about Danette between all the nude images, so I am going to wait a while before I post more progress pictures.

Last month took a lot out of me emotionally, for sure. There are a couple projects going on for the Velez family, and I am writing a guest column for the Sun about Danette that will be published next week. I am also training for a 10K, so sleep has become slightly more important to me now, reducing the amount of time I get to spend doing other (more important!) things.

Please stay tuned. More paintings, drawings, and writings are to come, I anticipate at an increased pace!

I the meantime, here's a bit of randomness:

Take a look at that building... there's a house on top of it! I lived just a few blocks from here in Syracuse, NY (where the sky is always gray) as a young child, and there were stories about the mean old man who owned that house, so concerned with his profit that he lived right there on top of the building. I wonder what the real story was.

That brown building right next to the red one was a Key Bank when I was a little girl. I remember going there weekly with my mother, and thinking how magical it was, and how fortunate she was, to go somewhere that the people actually gave away money.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I've been thinking about you, wondering if even more not-so-good-ness had managed to occur. I'm relieved to hear that you only have to deal with the status quo. Sounds like plenty.

I'll keep thinking about you and hoping that tomorrow is a little easier than today.