Monday, September 17, 2007

Legs

Unfortunately, there is a lot of glare in this photo, especially in the shadows of the thighs. Hopefully the effect of the shadows is not totally lost.

The legs are the least lit area of this figure, and so I am trying to keep a relatively narrow value range here. Also, the value of much of the rest of the painting will come down, too, as I continue to paint. The idea is to allow certain areas and edges to become lost in the shadow, which will cause the lights to have just that much more impact.

Stay tuned as I slowly make my way through this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work, I can't wait to see the finished painting. It will be diffficult to top the drawing, which is one of my favorites :c)

dugbuddy said...

There is a certain harmony to your work. A soft melody bordering on melancholy. It is just playing in the distance so that I find myself wanting to revisit to try to catch that refrain.

Lacey said...

Uh oh, Dan, now I better work extra hard on this one!

Doug - Whoa, can I use that quote? Geez, you're awfully kind!

Amy said...

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely look into homeschooling groups in the area. The Art Center is also a great idea. Thanks!

Maybe a steady income is overrated...I'll find out soon enough! :)

Anonymous said...

This is really great, Lacey. I'm envious.