Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Trip to Manhattan!

Manhattan, KS, that is. This blog is way late, but what can I say? It has been a busy time for me. I took the road trip on September 2nd primarily to visit the Strecker-Nelson Gallery. This is the farthest west I have ever been, and the road there was, well, rather flat.


The overall quality of the work at the Strecker-Nelson is really impressive; their Person to Person figurative show is what really caught my eye and propelled me to contact them about representation. I am pleased to announce that the gallery and I are building a relationship together, and I am scheduled to show in one of their rooms in August and September of 2007!


On the way back, I stopped in Topeka. The first stop was South Wind Gallery where I have two pastels on display with the MidAmerica Pastel Society 2006 Juried Art Exhibition. I had a pleasant conversation with Gary, a charming man who runs the shop. The gallery is beautiful, and the exhibition was full of impressive pieces.



The second stop in Topeka was my good friend Terry's chocolate shop: Hazel Hill Chocolate Traditions. I got to catch up with a friend I had not seen in a while, get a behind-the-scenes tour, and sample a delicious cappuccino truffle. Mmmm, a yummy end to an exciting day.

No comments: